Migration cell Sieg-Mi-Flex
Besides the prevalent analysis methods GC or HPLC, the different materials allow the analysis of heavy metals for example with ICP.
With the Sieg-Mi-Flex migration cell, the one sided contact between packaging and food can be simulated without risking that traces from the cutting edge of the packaging falsify the analysis result.
The Sieg-Mi-Flex migration cell is temperature resistant and pressure-tight. This allows the simulation of migration of liquid simulants above boiling point.
The Sieg-Mi-Flex system allows the simulation of migration in dependence of temperature, time and influence of light (visible UV light). It also allows the simulation in headspace phase and taste tests.
For material with direct food contact the EU Regulation 1935/2004 applies. In Switzerland article 49 ODAlOUs complies with article 3 of the framework regulation (EG) No. 1935/2004.
Consumer goods have to be manufactured so that material components only migrate in quantites that
- do not present any health risk
- are technically inevitable
- do not cause a change in the composition or the organoleptic properties of food
- the one sided contact between packaging and food can be simulated without risking that traces from the cutting edge of the packaging falsify the analysis result
- may be used with liquid or solid food simulants
- available in stainless steel, borosilicate glass and PVDF
- the different materials may be used in combination
- for the testing of various sample sizes, central rings and reducing plates (stainless steel) with defined surface/volume ratio are available
- all available central rings and reducing plates can be combined with the fixing plate
- the Sieg-Mi-Flex migration cell may also be used with 2 specimen - top/bottom (vertical instead of horizontal storage when used with 2 specimen)
- the barrier influence of packaging can be for example simulated with a sandwich test arrangement